A brief introduction
Operations executive with 13+ years experience serving students, faculty and administrators in the areas of technology solutions, call center management, strategic growth planning, student services, career services, alumni services, B2B workforce solutions, financial planning/analysis, compliance, accreditation and staff/facility management.
Board Affiliations & Memberships
- West Valley Child Crisis Center (Board Chair)
Partnering with Child Protective Services and the Arizona Department of Economic Security.
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (Member)
Committed to enhancing human well-being and organizational performance through the science of industrial/organizational psychology.
- Corporate Executive Board Company (Member)
Committed to assessing key performance trends, navigating leadership changes and building teams through talent management and performance planning
- Bersin by Deloitte (Member)
Empowering leaders through research-based industry insights, tools and consulting services to help drive performance.
CORE COMPETENCY PROFILE
Skills and Expertise
CORE COMPETENCY PROFILE
Skills and Expertise
- Led a business unit comprised of 125+ staff, 2 call center locations and 3 external vendors while serving greater than 20,000 students across 125+ programs.
- Collaborated with executive leadership at Pearson and Arizona State University to establish yearly online enrollment goals, lead projections, staffing projections, revenue objectives, strategic initiatives and new degree program launches.
- Managed contractual payments and the creation/modification of partnership addenda/contracts between Pearson and ASU.
- Recipient of ASU President's Award for innovation and significant contributions to the Starbucks College Achievement Plan.
- Responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership for a large business unit at Arizona State University with emphasis on academic partner relationship management, call center oversight, P&L management and contract management.
- Led a business unit with 80+ staff and 5 external vendors while serving greater than 15,000 students across 100+ programs.
- Partnered with Arizona State University teams to achieve year-over-year online growth in excess of 20% while more than doubling Starbucks College Achievement Plan total enrollment and needed staff.
- Launched a career services team of 80+ staff to support multiple Apollo Group universities and 100+ campus locations.
- Partnered with corporations to deliver talent acquisition and professional development services to 700,000 alumni and over 300,000 existing students at University of Phoenix.
- Responsible for a $10 million budget, financial planning/analysis, fiscal year forecasting and department ROI.
- Managed a student affairs department consisting of 25+ staff, serving 5,000+ students across 60 programs.
- Improved online and ground student retention rates from 51% to 59% resulting in year-over-year revenue improvements.
- Responsible for university student code of conduct evaluations, student appeals, ADA processing, alumni office, career services office and campus facilities.
- Improved first course student completion rates by 10% in the first 12 months.
- Chair of the University Operational Leadership Committee responsible for managing and prioritizing all university projects, system integrations, technology enhancements and student/alumni service initiatives.
- Standardized an annual employee review/evaluation process for all staff; introducing new student success metrics that resulted in stronger university-wide Net Promoter Scores (NPS).
- Increased student/faculty online portal usage by 50% as appointed portal administrator responsible for university communications, technology enhancements, system integrations and online web content.
- Responsible for various campus/online student support services to include: student writing center, campus bookstores, tutoring services, scholarship committees, CLEP/DANTES testing services, campus vendor relations and facilities management.
- Established first data warehouse to capture monthly student technical support call-in volumes, university portal web analytics, student/faculty communication click/open rates, online/ground library usage and campus traffic.
- Launched Apollo’s first online K-12 business via Orange Lutheran Online High School and Insight Schools of Washington.
- Standardized K-12 enrollment operations and admissions processing, resulting in 4000+ enrollments in the first 24 months.
- Helped launch Axia College, a 2-year pathway degree dedicated to new revenue pipelines for the University of Phoenix.
- Responsible for new business growth and daily operations of a 6 person sales team and 4 person call center.
- Grew B2B commission sales team by 200% and gross revenue by 30% in first 12 months.
- Responsible for all marketing strategies, call center scripts and staffing.
- Managed contract reviews and underwriting for a team of 50+ sales personnel across 6 satellite offices.
- Responsible for onboarding 10-12 new sales staff each quarter while providing training on commission models/structures.
- Assisted in the merger and acquisition of a competitor business.
Achievement and Growth
Of the 34 themes measured, these are your "top five." Signature Themes are very important in maximizing the talents that lead to successes. By focusing on an individuals Signature Themes, separately and in combination, you can identify their talents. Strategic It is not a skill that can be taught. It is a distinct way of thinking, a special perspective on the world at
Gallup's Strength Finder Signature ThemesThe results of the Predictive Index® survey should always be reviewed by a trained Predictive Index analyst. The PI® report provides you with a brief overview of the results of the Predictive Index® and prompts you to consider many aspects of the results not contained in the overview. If you have not yet attended the Predictive Index Management Workshop™, please Predictive Index Results Summary